Tuesday 24 November 2009

Head in the clouds

Most bloggers do this at some point (so my recent surfing seems to indicate) but despite the risk of repeating thousands who have gone before me, I couldn't resist entering my twitter feed into Wordle to see what I could see.

For those of you who don't know, 'Wordle' is a website which produces 'word clouds', graphical representations to show the frequency of words used on a web page, in a blog or indeed a twitter profile. The larger the word in the word cloud, the more frequently it's been used.

You can see the results below. There's something a little disconcerting about the fact that the name of my son only just beats the name of my football team in the frequency stakes. Ho hum.


Just for the sake of it, I also did the same thing with all the hash tags I'd used on twitter over my last 200 tweets. I'm quite proud of this one.


So there you have it. My conscious mind splurged onto a page. Meaningless probably, yet something about the concept seems a little sinister. If nothing else they remind me of the cover of Radiohead's 'Hail to the Thief' album and I like that.

No comments: