Tuesday 7 September 2010

Family Fortune


Two remarkable landmarks in my family life will have been reached this summer. Firstly, the 5th anniversary of mine and Laura's wedding day back in July, and this Monday on the 13th September, the 1st anniversary of our boy George's birth!

I haven't harked on about either of them too much on this blog. Mainly because nobody wants to hear about these things and also because, well, affection is for us to show each other not the world at large.

However, I am going to indulge myself a little right now. I am eternally, overwhelmingly and stupendously grateful for them both.

Laura is the one person who keeps me from tipping over the edge. Her innocence, wisdom, morality and endearing silliness are all so cherished. Without her I don't think I'd be capable of the responsibility of fatherhood, most probably I wouldn't be capable of coherent speech so far off the rails would I find myself.

George too, of course, is my little diamond! His smile, sense of humour, sense of fun and inqusitive little nature have all been a joy to behold and a privilege to help foster as he grows. I am a very fortunate young man.

No comments: