Tuesday 3 March 2009

Old Big 'Ead

In light of Gaz's recent blog and the forthcoming film release of 'The Damned United' (the excellent book of which Gaz recently lent me), I couldn't resist seeking out some old footage of the great man along with some of his quotes. Below are my favourites from those I've found on the web. Enjoy!

I want no epitaphs of profound history and all that type of thing. I contributed. I would hope they would say that, and I would hope somebody liked me.

On occasions I have been big-headed. I think most people are when they get in the limelight. I call myself Big Head just to remind myself not to be.

The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.

They say Rome wasn't built in a day, but I wasn't on that particular job.

Walk on water? I know most people out there will be saying that instead of walking on it, I should have taken more of it with my drinks. They are absolutely right.

No comments: