Thursday 15 January 2009

Gaga for Kaka

Kaka, 2007 World Player of the Year, to Man City? The world's gone mad!

Although it seems implausible, the Brazilian joining Manchester's 'other' club may be a possibility after all. Milan would be open to the idea - who could refuse £100m when looking to re-build an ageing team - but surely not the man himself? Surely?

Well, maybe. "He doesn't need the money" we may say, but even the rich find it hard to turn down ever more affluence. One thing's for sure, we now know exactly how far City's backers are willing to go to bring in the finest players. Suddenly Abramovich looks like a lost Russian orphan playing with old coppers found in the street.

Whether it happens or not, it certainly signals the dawn of a new era in the Premier League. Quite what it all means I don't know but if the deal does go through it will certainly undermine one of my recent prophecies. "No transfers of any real significance ever take place in the transfer window", I've heard myself saying on numerous ocassions. Worse still, I also may have made the statement, "If Kaka goes to Man City, I'll eat my bollocks!"

Perhaps I better get out the condiments!

No comments: