Tuesday 13 January 2009

Whistle while you work

Second week back after the winter break and I'm still trying to maintain my new, 2009 relaxed outlook on things. It's tough. I swore I'd be more laid back, wouldn't dwell on stresses at work and would generally stick to that old adage of 'work hard, play hard'.

Ironically though, it's the 'play hard' bit that's gone ary. Last Wednesday night's 5-a-side football ended with us on the wrong end of a 10-2 thrashing and then, to top it off, Chelsea got handed a humbling by the auld enemy in Red at the weekend.

Having got back home from what was generally a pretty good day at work yesterday, I was met by the surprise revelation that our insurance company wanted to charge us double the amount for insuring our car this year - we hadn't even made any claims!!

So, strangely enough, the worries I had about returning to work have dissipated, for the time being at least, only to be replaced by issues on the home front (well, I say the home front, really I mean the sporting front and yes, that is just as important). It's always the things you least expect isn't it?

Next I'll be hearing Mickey Rourke's made a comeback!

No comments: