Wednesday 5 November 2008

The Big 'O' (Reprise)

You do wonder whether it will end up being one of those, "Where were you when..." moments. Watching Obama's acceptance speech, it definitely felt like the start of a new period in world history. Were Noel Gallagher in attendance he'd have probably shouted, "Right here! Right now!" to the onlooking crowds.

Ironically, the last time I felt this sense of era shift was watching the attack on the World Trade Center. You knew things would never be the same again. In that case, of course, it wasn't for the better, and yes, I do remember where I was at the time - Watching TV in the staff room of WHSmith's. (I knew something major must have happened to interrupt the afternoon showing of Neighbours.)

Time will tell, but lets all hope Obama can live up to the great expectations! In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy the fact he's the most eloquent and down right cool President I've ever seen. In other words, he's not George W Bush!!

No comments: