Monday 3 November 2008

Phewis Hamilton

People hate Formula 1 motor racing. I can understand why, it has its issues.

In my case, my great-grandad raced on the banked circuit of Brooklands in the thirties. I'd be betraying my lineage not to pay at least a passing interest.

And what a ding-dong it was yesterday. Brilliant to see Hamilton scrape through to win the title and a big shout out to Mr Glock for geniously staying on slick tyres when things were getting a little bit moist.

Thankfully, Hamilton's too error prone to 'do a Schumacher' and dominate the sport for years (plus Alonso's still the best there is for my money), so here's to many more last lap title deciders.

p.s. Farewell David Coulthard. I'll never forget him waving his middle finger at Schumacher when chasing him down for the lead a few years back. Brilliant!!

No comments: